MIGUEL COTTO RUMORS & GOSSIP

Maurice Hooker vs. Juan Pablo Lopez Added to Cotto-Kirkland Undercard

Reigning NABO Junior Welterweight Champion Maurice “Mighty Mo” Hooker (20-0-3, 14 KOs) will face Mexican knockout specialist Juan Pablo “Che Che” Lopez (29-3, 24 KOs) in a 10-round champion defense on the freeview undercard of Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland “The Return” on Saturday, February 25 at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas. It comes as no surprise...
Via BadCulture
1 day ago

Cotto says 2017 is his last year, still wants rematch with Canelo

Former four-division world champion Miguel Cotto is about to hang up his gloves but not before he takes care of some unfinished business. Speaking with reporters on Thursday to promote his upcoming junior middleweight fight with James Kirkland on February 25, Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs) announced that 2017 would be the last year of his career. “This is the last year of my career and...
Via Larry Brown Sports
8 days ago  |  Discuss

Canelo Alvarez Beats Miguel Cotto By Unanimous Decision, Wins WBC Middleweight Title

Canelo Alvarez is the new WBC middleweight champion. Alvarez (45-1-1) beat Miguel Cotto (40-5) by unanimous decision at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on Saturday night. He won with scores of 117-111, 119-109 and 118-110 from the three judges. This was the fourth win in a row for Alvarez since losing to Floyd Mayweather, and he now is in line to face Gennady Golovkin. Thumbnail photo...
Via NESN.com
November 22, 2015  |  Discuss

WBC Strips Miguel Cotto Of Championship Belt Days Before Title Fight

Miguel Cotto was stripped of his WBC middleweight championship belt Tuesday, just four days before his highly-anticipated title bout with Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. “After several weeks of communications, countless attempts and good faith time extensions trying to preserve the fight as a WBC world championship, Miguel Cotto and his promotion (Roc Nation Sports) did not agree to...
Via NESN.com
November 17, 2015  |  Discuss

Miguel Cotto stripped of WBC middleweight belt

The World Boxing Council stripped boxer Miguel Cotto of his middleweight championship belt Tuesday.Cotto, who was scheduled to defend his title next against Canelo Alvarez, was stripped of his championship due to a failure to adhere to unspecified rules."The WBC’s decision is premised on the fact that Miguel Cotto and his camp are not willing to abide by the governing WBC Rules...
Via Yardbarker
November 17, 2015  |  Discuss

Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez results & round by round updates

Cotto vs. Canelo Round by Round Results On Saturday, November 21st in Las Vegas, Nevada, HBO Pay-Per-View presents Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez, a highly intriguing middleweight showdown. While the fight is not for our middleweight championship, due to it being contested at a catchweight beneath the full division limit, it nevertheless has a huge bearing on the careers of both...
Via Pro Boxing Fans
November 15, 2015  |  Discuss

With press tour closed, Miguel Cotto & Canelo Alvarez head to training camp

Closing out a five-day, four-city international press tour which had already made stops in Los Angeles, Mexico City and New York City, Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33 KOs) and Canelo Alvarez (45-1-1, 32 KOs) hosted a press conference last Friday in front of a hometown audience in Cotto’s native Puerto Rico. Thousands of screaming fans filled Coliseo Rubén Rodríguez to see Cotto and Canelo...
Via Pro Boxing Fans
September 01, 2015  |  Discuss

Miguel Cotto To Defend WBC Belt Vs. Canelo Alvarez In November

Boxing fans get what boxing fans want. The public outcry for a Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez fight has finally come to a head: Cotto will defend his WBC and lineal middleweight belts against Alvarez on Nov. 21 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The match will be available on HBO pay-per-view. “I will give the fans the fight they want to see,” Cotto (40-4, 33 KOs) told boxingjunkie.com...
Via NESN.com
August 13, 2015  |  Discuss

Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez megafight confirmed for Nov. 21

The end to the 2015 calendar year for the sport of boxing is officially heating up. The highly-anticipated clash between Mexican superstar Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Puerto Rican slugger Miguel Cotto has been formally set for November 21 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, HBO announced on Thursday. The showdown is officially set. #CottoCanelo Saturday, November 21 live...
Via Larry Brown Sports
August 13, 2015  |  Discuss

WATCH: Cotto destroys Geale with perfect left hook

By Larry Brown Miguel Cotto beat Daniel Geale by fourth round TKO on Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn after Geale decided he could not continue following the second knockdown of the round. Cotto dropped Geale early in the fourth with a vicious left hook that was straight out of a textbook. Geale made the 10-count, but he stood in and received some more punishment...
Via Larry Brown Sports
June 06, 2015  |  Discuss
MORE STORIES >>


Boxing News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

By clicking "Sign Me Up", you have read and agreed to the Fox Sports Digital Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can opt out at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.
the YARDBARKER app
Get it now!
Ios_download En_app_rgb_wo_45

Best of Yardbarker: How to hop on NFL playoff bandwagons

Everything sports fans need to know about the Nintendo Switch

The sports classic horror villains would play

Complicated feelings for Tyreek Hill and others as playoffs progress

NFL Divisional Round watchablity index

The 10 best sports docs available for streaming

QUIZ: Name the 12 members of the San Diego Chargers in the NFL Hall of Fame

NBA referee hotline bling: Green reaches out to touch somebody

TailGreater: Picking the NFL divisional round games by hometown brews

Guilt-free guide to NFL playoff bandwagon fun

Today's Best Stuff
For Publishers
Company Info
Help
Follow Yardbarker