Found March 05, 2013 on
In a special message to boxing fans, Bernard Hopkins describes what it takes to be a champion. Cloud vs. Hopkins happens Sat., March 9 at 9:30pm ET/ PT on HBO.
Bernard Hopkins: Words of Wisdom – Be a Champion
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Tavoris Cloud was 6 years old when Bernard Hopkins made his professional debut. On Saturday (9:30 p.m. ET/PT, HBO) at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY, the two men square off with the 48-year-old Hopkins looking to break his own record of becoming the oldest boxer to win a world title.
Hopkins admitted there were some aches and pains here and there during training, but said camp...
Bernard Hopkins has basically done it all in his storied career. The historic reign at middleweight, with all of those title defenses. The move up to Light Heavyweight and the defining wins he had there. Becoming the oldest man to win a championship belt in boxing history. And much more along the way. Right here, you can relive all of it, with two different Bernard Hopkins highlight...
This weekend on HBO, Bernard Hopkins takes on Light Heavyweight titleholder Tavoris Cloud, in an attempt to break his own record as the oldest fighter in history to win a world title. Right here, we have a huge collection of Hopkins vs. Cloud material for you to take a look at, including video of their final press conference, photos from their media workouts, a huge collection of...
Looks like meat’s back on the menu boys! And by meat, I mean big time boxing. The main meal is the juicy HBO doubleheader headlined by a light heavyweight fight between Bernard Hopkins and Tavoris Cloud. There are other interesting titbits here and there that can serve as appetisers, and an excellent fight on HBO Latino that can be dessert.
Bernard Hopkins vs. Tavoris...
Bernard Hopkins told me that 75% of the boxing game is mental, in and out of the ring and the other 25% was preparation. He said most fighters are prepared physically, but mentally is where you can break them down.
That is what Floyd Mayweather is doing in this video courtesy of CSNBayArea, he’s trying to get into Robert Guerrero’s head.
It worked against Victor Ortiz, but...