Baseball is back.
No matter if you are a casual or serious fan or into fantasy baseball, everyone is looking for every opinion of what will happen in 2011.
Without going ito the romanticism of spring baseball, it’s time to start writing about the new season to come.
There are many questions if the San Francisco Giants can repeat as world champions.
My preseason crystal ball utterred sorry for the bay area franchise. This year the Fall Classic willl be between the Philadelphia Phillies and Boston Red Sox.
Maybe my crystal ball is not all fuzzy.
As far as the majors' Latino players last season I had a vision Seattle Mariner Felix Hernandez was going to be a strong candidate for the American League Cy Young Award an he did and won it.
The Venezuelan right-hander better known in the Pacific Northwest as “The King” has all the youth and talent for a second Cy Young and who knows could this will be the year Colorado Rockie Ubaldo Jimenez win his career first in the National League.
Predictions are for fun so my rookie of the year early candidates are hurlers Cincinnati Reds Aroldis Chapman and newcomer Seattle Mariner Michael Pineda.
Watch out for manager of the year candidates Atlanta Braves Fredi Gonzalez and Chicago White Sox Ozzie Guillen.
Watch also Albert Pujols once again to be National League MVP and in the junior circuit Detroit Tiger Miguel Cabrera to be again on the prowl for his first American League MVP award.
What will really happen, time will tell.
Fans all over the baseball world love rankings, and this is my preseason Latino player rankings, in which I list the best 15 offensive players and best 15 pitchers who should be of impact for the 2011 season.
My 2011 Preseason Latino Player Rankings Listing
1. Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals
2. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
3. Hanley Ramírez, Florida Marlins
4. Robinson Cano, New York Yankees
5. Adrián González, Boston Red Sox
6. Carlos González, Colorado Rockies
7. Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees
8. José Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays
9. Victor Martínez, Detroit Tigers
10. José Reyes, New York Mets
11. Nelson Cruz, Texas Rangers
12. Adrian Beltré, Texas Rangers
13. Alexei Ramírez, Chicago White Sox
14. Starlin Castro, Chicago Cubs
15. Mike Stanton, Florida Marlins
1. Félix Hernández, Seattle Mariners
2. Ubaldo Jiménez, Colorado Rockies
3. Neftali Feliz, Texas Rangers
4. Johnny Cueto, Cincinnati Reds
5. Joakim Soria, Kansas City Royals
6. Mariano Rivera, New York Yankees
7. Aroldis Chapman, Cincinnati Reds
8. Yovani Gallardo, Milwaukee Brewers
9. Jonathan Sanchez, San Francisco Giants
10. Javier Vazquez, Florida Marlins
11. José Valverde, Detroit Tigers
12. Carlos Marmol, Chicago Cubs
13. Jaime Garcia, St. Louis Cardinals
14 Fausto Carmona, Cleveland Indians
15. Liván Hernández, Washington Nationals
My Preseason 2011 Latino All-Star Team
C: Victor Martinez, Detroit Tigers
1B: Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals
2B: Robinson Cano, New York Yankees
3B: Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees
SS: Hanley Ramirez, Florida Marlins
OF: Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays
OF: Carlos Gonzalez, Colorado Rockies
OF: Mike Stanton, Florida Marlins
DH: Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
SP: Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
RP: Neftali Feliz, Texas Rangers